Our Clearly Scrumptious fairy cake recipe is super easy and quick to do. They make a delicious treat to share with your family and are great fun to decorate. You can use any of our Scrummies or Clearly Scrumptious products to make them so they can be customised depending on your creativity or flavour preference. Kids love both baking and decorating these fun little cakes and of course, they will get gobbled up very quickly.
- 100g (3½ oz) self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g (3½ oz) soft margarine or butter, at room temperature
- 100g (3½ oz) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1tbsp milk (optional)
- 1 or 2 packets of Clearly Scrumptious or Scrummies for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F, gas mark 4). Take a 12-cup bun tin and put paper cases in the cups. Sift together the self-raising flour and baking powder.
- Add the butter or margarine, sugar and eggs, and beat with an electric hand whisk for about 2 mins until well mixed. If the mixture is too stiff, add a little milk and mix again.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases to about half full. Bake for 15 -20 mins until risen and just firm.
- Cool slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ice and decorate the cakes – be as adventurous as you like!
We look forward to hearing what you think of this recipe. Please send us images of your decorated cakes for the chance to win some samples of our Scrumptious treats.
Rick and James x